Re: lvconvert --uncache takes hours

----- Original Message -----

About 100 writes/second per data drive, that is. md parallilses I/O well.

> If the disk is doing other work then it only has the extra capacity so
> it could destage slower.

The system was mostly idle.

> A lot depends on how big each chunk is.     The lvmcache indicates the
> smallest chunksize is 32k.
>
> 100G / 32k = 3 million, and at 100seeks/sec that comes to at least an hour.

Those 100GB was on SSD, not spinning rust. Last I checked, that was the whole point with caching.

> Lvm bookkeeping has to also be written to the spinning disks I would
> think, so 2 hours if the array were idle.

erm - why on earth would you do writes to hdd if you're caching it?

> Throw in a 50% baseload on the disks and you get 4 hours.
>
> Hours is reasonable.

As I said, the system was idle.

Vennlig hilsen

roy