Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: LVM2 : performance drop even after deleting the snapshot

From the looks of it the disk, as provisioned out of an Azure pool, is likely backed by an enterprise raid array. When you provision the pools with  discard_passdown the removal of the snapshot will also be pushed down to the underlying hypervisor or disk array. You would need to wait till that process is completed in order to make any comparisons.

ThinVolGrp-ThinDataLV-tpool: 0 1006632960 thin-pool 1 4878/4145152 8325/7864320 - rw discard_passdown queue_if_no_space - 1024

As per man page

--discards passdown|nopassdown|ignore
Specifies how the device-mapper thin pool layer in the kernel should handle discards. ignore causes the thin pool to ignore discards. nopassdown causes the
thin pool to process discards itself to allow reuse of unneeded extents in the thin pool. passdown causes the thin pool to process discards itself (like
nopassdown) and pass the discards to the underlying device.

Try the same operation after changing the thin volume

lvchange --discards nopassdown VG/ThinPoolLV

--
Kind regards,
Erwin van Londen

Mobile+61-434-325795