Re: LVM2 Metadata structure, extents ordering, metadata corruptions

Hello Zdenek
Thank you for the explanation

May I kindly ask you what/which is the command line API to access and manipulate those metadata?

And when you say vi editor, do you kindly mean direct edit of HEX values on the raw metadata?

Thank you

If you kindly may have some link to some documentation, thank you even more

Though here it is not the configuration that got lost

Also, additional info, we now got that all the cases do have active the thin-provisionin and looks like that these are additional/different metadata tables

So if these got messed/corrupted...

In QNAP looks they have made some customization and so thin-provision LVM metadata are on a dedicated partition

we observed the HEX inside there and got partially the logic

About thin-provisioning, again, any "fsck"-like is available? (I suppose no, but just as confirmation)

Thank you
R.