Re: Why is the performance of my lvmthin snapshot so poor

在 6/15/22 5:34 PM, Gionatan Danti 写道:
Il 2022-06-15 09:42 Zhiyong Ye ha scritto:
I regenerated the thin volume with the chunksize of 64K and the random
write performance data tested with fio 64k requests is as follows:
case                    iops
thin lv                 9381
snapshotted thin lv     8307

As expected, increasing I/O size (to avoid r/m/w) greatly reduced the issue (the ~11% hit is due to metadata allocation overhead).

I don't see anything wrong, so I think you had to live with the previously recorded 10x performance hit when overwriting 4K blocks on a 64K chunk size thin volume...

I also think it meets expectations. But is there any other way to optimize snapshot performance at the code level? Does it help to reduce the chunksize size in the code, I see in the help documentation that the chunksize can only be 64k minimum.