Re: Bypassing LVM Restrictions - RAID6 With Less Than 5 Disks

Alex> I actually used to use MDADM with LVM on top. I switched to pure
Alex> LVM for simplicity and per-disk host-managed
Alex> integrity-checking. I don’t know if MDADM has since gained the
Alex> ability to correct single-disk inconsistencies, but without
Alex> per-disk integrity-checking it would be technically impossible
Alex> to do this if 1 disk had already failed.

Can you tell me what you mean by "per-disk host-managed
integrity-checking"?  Are you running dm-integrity in your setup?  Can
you post the output of:

    lsblk

so we understand better what you have?  But in any case, good luck
with getting RAID6 solid and working as a pure LVM setup.  I don't
think you're going to make it happen any time soon, and I honestly
prefer to have seperate layers for my setup so that each layer does
it's own think and does it well.

John