Re: LVM autoactivation and udev

On Wed, Mar 9, 2022 at 10:35 AM David Teigland <teigland@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> - if all three of those don't catch it, then filter-mpath will also
>   check if the component wwid is listed in /etc/multipath/wwids and
>   ignore the device if it is.
>
> If all four of those methods fail to exclude a multipath component, then
> an LV could be activated using the component.  While this isn't good, it
> can be corrected by running lvchange --refresh.  I'd like to get any
> details of that happening to see if we can improve it.

I have also had luck with making sure multipath is in the initramfs,
and adding rd.lvm.vg=<rootvgnameneededforboot> on the kernel boot line
so that in the initramfs only the VG needed for boot up is started up
early inside the initramfs.      That has typically let multipathd
inside the initrd grab any other devices and configure them for
multipath before LVM  activates them.