Re: Help restoring a corrupted PV partition ( 18th )

On Mon, Oct 18, 2021 at 11:40:39PM +0200, Zdenek Kabelac wrote:
> Dne 18. 10. 21 v 20:08 Brian McCullough napsal(a):
> >
> >I have had a disk go bad on me, causing me to lose one PV.

Thank you for the thoughts, Zdenek.

No, it was a hardware failure.  Bad blocs, unreadable sectors, etc.

According to ddrescue, this partition was recovered without any
problems, although, as I observe later, the first part of the partition
is zero.