LVM tools segfault since 2.03.12

Hello,

I have the lvm2 tools segfaulting since 2.03.12 with a message of
unsorted commands in cmds.h.
It turns out that in my locale and on my setup, the LANG=C setting
before "sort -u" in tools/Makefile.in is not enough, I had to patch and
add LC_COLLATE=C too, or the rules will not count the underscore while
sorting, causing the segfault in the code (command.c IIRC).
This broke the boot on some of my servers, so I think it's a rather big
problem that perhaps can't be caught in reproducible builds.
Can this be corrected upstream or should I just modify my build
environment for LVM2?

Thanks