Re: Discussion: performance issue on event activation mode

On Thu, Jun 17, 2021 at 11:46:55AM +0800, heming.zhao@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> the booting time out problem cause by two side:
> 1> libudev take much time
> 2> thousands of lvm2-pvscan@.service running on the same time
>
> the new patch or existing code (with obtain_device_list_from_udev=0) can avoid <1>.
> but <2> is still not to avoid. (direct activation can avoid it)

Thanks, I'll set up a similar test, hopefully we can avoid such extreme
delays with the current activation mechanism.  I expect we'll also look at
combining a fixed lvm-activation service followed by uevent-driven
activations, which should be more efficient.

Dave