Re: Removing bash as a dependency

Dne 22. 02. 21 v 2:25 Drew Westrick napsal(a):
All,

I'm working on a project with a fairly strict no GPLv3 policy. While lvm2 is fine since it is GPLv2, the lvm2 dependency on bash, which is GPLv3, is causing a problem. It appears that bash is used mostly for test scripts as well as lvmdump.sh <http://lvmdump.sh/> and fsadm.sh <http://fsadm.sh/>. If we don't need to use those two utilities, would there be any other major issues with removing bash a a dependency if I were to go down that path?

Hi

Distributing lvm2 without those tools IMHO doesn't make much sense.

If there is anyone to care and select pieces which are not common in shells
and write an alternative code for them for non bash shells - I'd be fine.

We could use eventually configure to adapt them for other shell types.

Regards

Zdenek