Re: cache_check --clear-needs-check-flag does not clear needs_check flag?

On Mittwoch, 9. Dezember 2020 20:30:51 CET David Teigland wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 09, 2020 at 08:06:41PM +0100, Dennis Schridde wrote:
> > How would you proceed to repair this cache?  I can recreate it as a
> > cachepool, but first I need to gain back access to the data, i.e. get
> > into a state where I can --uncache.
>
> I know that cachevols do not yet work with lvconvert --repair, which uses
> cache_repair, but this must be another case where cache_repair is still
> needed.  If this is writethough mode you should be able to simply drop the
> cache with lvconvert --splitcache and then recreate it.

Sadly the cache is in writeback mode.

Is my understanding correct that the cache itself is fine?  It is just the
inability to clear the needs_check flag that is preventing me from using the
device?  Or did I miss to run some checks that could reveal a problem / did I
misinterpret the output of cache_check on lv_cache?

--Dennis