Re: thinpool metadata got way too large, how to handle?

Dne 10. 01. 20 v 17:30 Ede Wolf napsal(a):
Hello,

I am afraid I have been a bit too optimistic. Being a bit embarassed, but I am not not able to find any reference to component activation. I've deactivated all LVs and tried to set the thinpool itself or its metadata into read only mode:

# lvchange -pr VG_Raid6/ThinPoolRaid6
  Command on LV VG_Raid6/ThinPoolRaid6 uses options invalid with LV type thinpool.
   Command not permitted on LV VG_Raid6/ThinPoolRaid6.

# lvchange -pr /dev/mapper/VG_Raid6-ThinPoolRaid6_tmeta
   Operation not permitted on hidden LV VG_Raid6/ThinPoolRaid6_tmeta.

I can lvchange -an the thinpool, but then obviously I have no path/file for for the thin_repair input anynmore that I could provide.

So please, how do I properly set the metadata into read only?

Your lvm2 is too old   (component activation is relatively new feature)

In this case you need to simply 'swap-out' your existing _tmeta into a regular LV.

Easy to do -

Just create any LV you want -   lvcreate -an -L1 -n mytestlv vg

then 'swap' content of _tmeta with mytestvl  with:

lvconvert --thinpool  vg/poolname  --poolmetadata  vg/mytestlv

and now  vg/mytestlv should be you 2.2TiB metadata volume you can easily activate.

Regards

Zdenek