Re: Best way to run LVM over multiple SW RAIDs?

On 12/9/19 11:26 AM, Daniel Janzon wrote:

The origin of my problem is indeed the poor performance of RAID5,
which maxes out the single core the driver runs on. But if I accept that
as a given, the next problem is LVM striping. Since I do get 10x better

What stripesize was used for striped LV? IIRC the default is 64k.

IIUC you are serving mostly large files. I have no numbers, and no HW to test the hypothesis, but using larger stripesize could help here as this would split the load on multiple RAID5 volumes, while not splitting the IOs too early into too many small requests.

-- Marian