Re: exposing snapshot block device

Il 23-10-2019 00:53 Stuart D. Gathman ha scritto:
If you can find all the leaf nodes belonging to the root (in my btree
database they are marked with the root id and can be found by sequential
scan of the volume), then reconstructing the btree data is
straightforward - even in place.

I remember realizing this was the only way to recover a major customer's
data - and had the utility written, tested, and applied in a 36 hour
programming marathon (which I hope to never repeat).  If this hasn't
occured to thin pool programmers, I am happy to flesh out the procedure.
Having such a utility available as a last resort would ratchet up the
reliability of thin pools.

Very interesting. Can I ask you what product/database you recovered?

Anyway, giving similar ability to thin Vols would be awesome.

Thanks.

--
Danti Gionatan
Supporto Tecnico