Re: Programming interface

Hello,

Some time ago, we wrote an application that uses the lvm2app interface to manage volume groups and logical volumes. Of course, the application does not work anymore, now that lvm2app has been skipped. So, is there anywhere something like a guide how to rewrite code that used the lvm2app interface?

Unfortunatelly there is no API library anymore - we were simply not
able to provide such interface - it's complex task and very low number
of developers...

When, as a quick solution, I install a binary package containing one of the last lvm2app versions that was still included in the same lvm2 upstream version, will that still work, in combination with newer lvm programs and libraries?

Regards
  Christoph