Re: Unable to un-cache logical volume when chunk size is over 1MiB

Dne 18. 07. 18 v 16:58 Douglas Paul napsal(a):
On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 03:25:10PM +0100, Ryan Launchbury wrote:
Does anyone have any other ideas or potential workarounds for this issue?

Please let me know if you require more info.

I didn't see this in the previous messages, but have you tried temporarily
remounting the filesystems read-only if you can't unmount them?

Also, earlier you mentioned looking at /var/log/dmesg for write errors.  On
my systems, that only contains a snapshot at boot. I have to run dmesg to
see the latest updates. It seems suspicious to have nothing in the dmesg
during 61 days past 10 seconds after system boot ...

Hi

So this should help:

lvchange --cachesettings  migration_threshold=16384 vg/cacheLV

the problem was the usage of unexpectedly big chunk sizes,
that are used when cache-pool size is big (>TiB) and chunksizes
are  >= 1MiB.

Upstream has committed patches for automatic protection against too small
migration threshold.

Zdenek