Re: replacing a failling disk on a mirrred VG.

Jonathan E Brassow wrote:
This one should be pretty easy...

Effectively, you want to keep the primary mirror devices, so do:
lvconvert -m0 <vg/lv>
to down convert them to linear devices.

Then remove PV1 (vgreduce), add a new disk to your system, add it to your vg (vgextend), and finally, up-convert the linear devices to mirrors again:
lvconvert -m1 <vg/lv>

So you can't just add a new disk and use pvmove to move extents off of the failing disk?