Re: Help, lvm2 snapshot and XFS , using xfs_freeze to do this, but then lvcreate hang.

bowen zheng wrote:

> Help, lvm2 snapshot and XFS , using xfs_freeze to do this, but then
> lvcreate hang.

The lvcreate does the xfs_freeze for you, so if you run xfs_freeze, then
the lcreate will hang.  Running it with '-u' should allow the lvcreate to
hang.

> I use lvm2 and xfs both.  If I do not use xfs_freeze before, I can use
> lvcreate snapshot the lv. And it work fine for some static files or
> lv, but not for running system such as / (root) which will generate a
> log of I/O error.

What kind of errors are you getting.  I've done this on active filesystems
for backup purposes, and not had any problems.

Dave