Re: LVM on RAID

I use LVM2 on software and hardware raid on a regular basis.  Almost every server I configure has hardware raid and all the machines I support run LVM.  No problems to report.

Matthew B. Brookover wrote:
I have used LVM on top of software raid and ISCSI.  It works well.  It also helps keep track of what device is where.  ISCSI does not export its targets in the same order, some times sdb shows up as sdc....   LVM will keep track of what is what.