Re: converting PV from md to non-md

On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 02:13:57PM -0400, Musard, Kris wrote:
I am trying to "undo" the software raid setup on a system.  I have been
able to simply change the partition type from "linux raid auto detect"
to "linux" and mount the filesystems which were previously formatted on
top of the md device directly to the underlying /dev/hda[0-9] device.
The PV was originally added as /dev/md1 to the VG.  I tried setting the
partition type from "linux raid autodetect" to "linux LVM" but vgscan
and vgimport both give an error about the PV is part of a multiple
device.  Does anyone have a procedure for going from LVM on top of linux
md software raid to LVM without md?  Any help would be much appreciated.

mdadm --zero-superblock /dev/hdaX

L.

--
Luca Berra -- bluca@comedia.it