Re: Accidental removal of logical volume - any way to salvage?

First of all, thank you for a fast response.

The backup of /etc was done after running 'lvremove' and 'vgexport' so if I understand you correctly that won't do any good.

Yes, I am using LVM2. How do I salvage the metadata "from the front of the disk?"

Regards,
Martin

2006/2/5, Alasdair G Kergon <agk@redhat.com>:
On Sun, Feb 05, 2006 at 06:53:45PM +0100, Martin Lindquist wrote:
> could anyone first of all tell me if there is any way at all to salvage the
> data from the logical volume "main"?

man vgcfgrestore if you retained metadata backups from /etc from before
you deleted the LV.

Failing that, if you're using LVM2 you might still be able to salvage
the metadata from the from the front of the disk.

Alasdair
--
agk@redhat.com

Martin Lindquist