Re: Volume group not accessible

Matthias Meyer wrote:

And now I'm not sure how to gain access again.

Should I try to restore metadata with vgcfgrestore?
Is it possible that I lost my data if I try vgcfgrestore?

Or should I create a new Volume group and include the device /dev/hdd1 to this VG? If I do this, what the way to delete volume group LVM2?

Thanks in advance
Matthias
Hello,

I'm not sure what the best way to go about fixing this problem is, but a vgcfgrestore shouldn't harm your data, it basically just writes over a section of your disk that was already being used by the LVM data anyway. Hope that helps.

Josef

--
Josef Whiter, RHCE
Global Support Services