Re: Resizing LVM Revisited

Mark Sargent wrote:

Hi All,

to resize a LV in CentOS4.0, I had to use the 1st install CD and Linux Rescue. I then had to umount /mnt/sysimage/dev, /mnt/sysimage/proc, /mnt/sysimage/boot, /mnt/sysimage/sys before I could umount /mnt/sysimage. After doing this, I lose the commands, vgscan, lvscan and resize2fs. Why is this, and how can I get around it.? Cheers.

Mark Sargent.

Hello,

It sounds like rescue mode doesn't come with its own copy of the lvm and ext2 commands, which I find odd. Did you chroot /mnt/sysimage? If so don't do that, in fact there should be an option when you are booting into rescue mode where you can tell it to skip finding/mounting your OS. Try that and see if you have your commands. If not, I know that the Fedora rescue disk has these commands, and rescue mode is rescue mode so it still should work, just burn the first FC4 cd and use that rescue mode. Thank you,

Josef

--
Josef Whiter, RHCE
Global Support Services