Re: lvm/fs issue

Rosenstrauch, David wrote:

Although I currently have only 1 logical volume, and all my PV's are currently
a part of it, that's not necessarily how things will always be.  I
intentionally partitioned most of my disk into ~2GB chunks like this, so that
I can have a pool of 2GB PV's which I can throw at whichever LV needs it, and
thereby rid myself of future space constraint issues I've run into in the past
with traditional partitioning.

But that's the whole point of LVM in the first place!

If you make a single PV, with a VG including it, you can carve it up and re-carve it up however you like, for whatever LVs you have or create in the future. You can even _shrink_ LVs and make the space available to other LVs, which you cannot do with partitions.