Re: LVM strategy: Is One VG Safe?

Maurice Volaski wrote:
I plan to start with a hardware RAID (level 5) of one physical volume and one volume group. Then create several logical volumes from it and grow them each as they are needed pulling space from what's not used in the volume group until all the space in the group eventually utilized.

Is it reasonable to believe that such an arrangement is stable enough that if anything were to ever go wrong a with an individual logical volume that it wouldn't impact the other logical volumes in that same volume group or the volume group itself?

We have used the above setup for years (one VG/many LV on top of hardware RAID 5). It is stable for us.