lvextend error on XFS

Hello,

I recently attempted to extend my logical volume. First I added an additional physical volume to an existing volume group. This worked fine.

vgextend Volume00 /dev/sba
lvextend -L+100G /dev/Volume00/LogVol00

However when it came time to run the lvextend command I received a number of device-mapper errors. While I was trying to determine what the errors were I noticed that the filesystem that sits on the logical volume being extended was no longer available. I attempted to umount the filesystem however the command froze. I then rebooted the system without mounting the filesystem in question and manually mounted the filesystem. XFS reported back that it could not locate the superblock.

I attempted to run xfs_repair however this command failed at the first stage because it could not find the superblock.

Is it possible to repair this problem either through LVM or XFS? I noticed there are a number of achieved .vg files in /etc/lvm/archive , is it possible to restore LVM from one of these?

I am not running any snapshot copies, which is where I've read this occurring before.

Thanks,
Frank

--
Frank J. Buchholz