Re: Datarecovery on LVM volumes

hengelland@krollontrack.de wrote:

We got a couple of drives with the partiton identifier "0x8E". They are all part of an LVM with kind of EXT2 structures.
The EXT2 structures do not look like they usually do ... superblocks are way different.
I would like to ask if somebody could provide me with some Offset information how
physical volumes, volume groups and logical volumes work together on a sector table basis ...
Many thanks

Take a look at /etc/lvm/backup directory for files describing your volume group layout.
Also, look into vgcfgbackup and vgcfgrestore.
Good luck!

Arshavir