Re: access to hhardware copy: conflicting uuids

Thanks, that is precisely what I was looking for. Only that I did not find
it in LVM version 2.00.07 and never thought of looking in something more
recent :-\...

As to your other comment: at least currently I can very well temporarily
unmount one VG while relabeling the copy. But I will test your
recommendation anyway.

Best,
Gilles

On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 09:56:45AM +0200, gilles.massen@restena.lu wrote:
> Is there a way to access such an hardware-copy LVMed drive on the same
> host where the original drive is already in use?

You can only access one copy at once.
Set filters in lvm.conf to switch between them. [Remember always to run
vgscan after changing filters.]

Then use the XXchange --uuid commands to change one set of UUIDs and
vgrename the VG.

Alasdair