Re: LVM2 features

Hi John,

well, most things seem to be working, but snapshots, for me at least, work only on non-root partitions. If anyone has any hints if this is fixable, and how, please let us know!

Kai.

From: John Seifarth <lists@waw.be>
To: LVM general discussion and development <linux-lvm@redhat.com>
Subject: Re:  LVM2 features
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 10:15:07 +0200

Eric Hopper posted the query below last weekend, but I've seen no replies on the list.

I'm a happy Linux 2.4.x kernel user with LVM 1 for a couple of years now, with no problems and great reliability, on around 30 machines running various Slackware versions.

Eric's question is exactly what I'd like to know, before migrating these production machines to the 2.6.x kernel.

Should I wait? Should I worry? Do I have to buy a Redhat Enterprise to be sure I have magic patches from Redhat in the kernel for reliable LVM2 operation?

I'd really like to hear from the users and developers on this list before changing systems that have been working fine.

Thanks to all,

John