Re: Problem with EXT filesystem on LVM2

Heinz,

Thanks for the feedback.
I will try what you suggest when I will have a bit more time.
This can be slightly long ...

I keep the list updated.

Regards.

Paul

Heinz Mauelshagen wrote:

Re:  Problem with EXT filesystem on LVM2
From:
Heinz Mauelshagen <mauelshagen@redhat.com>
Date:
Thu, 6 May 2004 13:29:07 +0200
To:
LVM general discussion and development <linux-lvm@redhat.com>

To:
LVM general discussion and development <linux-lvm@redhat.com>

Paul,

looks like the heavier io load mkfs.ext3/resize2fs exposes a problem
with your system (hw) which isn't the case with the leighter load
mkreiserfs causes. A bunch of changes to device-mapper were needed because
of block device changes by Andrew Morton in the early 2.6 series which are
missing and likely causing your problem.

Could you try Linux 2.6.6, apply
http://people.sistina.com/~thornber/dm/patches/2.6-unstable/2.6.6-rc2/2.6.6-rc2-udm1.tar.bz2 and test again, please.

Regards,
Heinz    -- The LVM Guy --