Re[2]: Help with my LVM

=================
>De:Heinz Mauelshagen <mauelshagen@redhat.com>
>Para:LVM general discussion and development <linux-lvm@redhat.com>
>Assunto:Re:  Help with my LVM
>
>On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 01:24:29PM -0300,
>Rodolfo Sikora de Melo 2 wrote:
>> Guys, I'm desperate needing help.
>> After a reboot one of lvm pv stopped do work.
>
>What *exactly* happened to your LVM PVs before
>the reboot ?

Nothing at all.. it was there happy and running.

>> The scenario:
>> 10 disks:
>> 5 disks in channel A Raid 5
>> 5 disks in channel B Raid 5
>>
>> the sda has sda1 sda2 sda3, where only sda3 is
>a physical volume and is working great.
>>
>> the sda has sdb1 sdb2 sdb3, where only sdb3 is
>a physical volume and after a reboot stopped to
>work.
>>
>> licor:~/uuid_fixer# pvdisplay /dev/sdb3
>> pvdisplay -- no physical volume identifier on
>"/dev/sdb3"
>
>Presumably your RAID is fully operational,
>some{one|thing} has written
>over the LVM metadata. At least partionally.

yes, it was perfect. It's a netraid managing a taskmaster unit.

>> What I can do to fix this? I have 100Gb of
>important data inside this PV.
>
>If just the LVM metatada and no data on
>/dev/sdb3 is gone *and* you've
>got /etc/lvmconf/ metadata backups, you want to
>run:
>
># pvcreate -ff /dev/sdb3
># vgcfgrestore -n VGName /dev/sdb3

I tried vgcfgrestore but not pvcreate -ff
I was so screwed that I cleaned the partition and restored a backup from 15 days before.

Man I have been experiencing too much problem running xfs under lvm.

>Before you do that or any other changes to your
>disks, let's make clear
>what really happend first!

too late, anyway thank you.