Question about lvm

I want to install LVM together with Redhat 7.3

I tried invain to read the manual but didn't figure out how to careate the logican and phisical
drives if you don't have a system running (the disks have red hat installed on them so
all the changes to the partitutions are deleting data)

is the only way to install lvm is to install redhat and then change root file system to lvm system
It looked scary and complicated in the lvm-howto??

Is there a more user friendly man pages (the lvm-howto assumes that a person knows
all about linux commands formating and all)
I am kind of new to that?????