Re: HELP! 'can't get data of volume group "vg01" from physical volume(s)'

On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 10:26:19AM +0200, Koch, Steffen wrote:

> > Then we decided to change our file system to ReiserFS so I added
> > hdb4 to the vg01 group, created a LV "newhome" inside (spanning the
> > hdb4 partition), formatted this LV with REiserfs, and copied
> > everything from the (still mounted) 'home' LV over.

> > Then I rebooted.
> did you reboot to update your partition table BEFORE creating your
> PVs??

No, but this was on an otherwise unused disk (not mounted any partitions
of that disk etc). Maybe I should have.

Can I somehow get at the data of a LV that is completely available, but
sits in a VG that is _not_ completely available? then I'd just remove
the third disk.

I have hda + hdc4 + hdb4. All in vg01. hda+hdc4 contain a LV (home),
hdb4 contains a second LV (newhome). On each of the LVs is a complete
set of the data that I need. So I only need one of them...

--
mfg, Jens Benecke

QOTD: The Internet is not a network of machines. It's a network of PEOPLE.
      That's where its real power comes from.

http://www.rb-hosting.de - Webhosting mit Extras
Werbefreies Hosting ab €7 - SSH-Zugang ab €19 - Günstiger Traffic