[linux-lvm] software mirroring

I am trying to set up mirroring on my system with LVM. Is there a command
to do it in LVM, or do I need the raidtools as well?

The ultimate goal is a completely mirrored harddrive so that I if my boot
drive fails (on that disk are /, swap, and /boot) I can swap the two
drives and reboot.

Or is it preferered to create LV's with LVM, and then run RAID ontop of
the LVM disks? (and then mirror /boot seperately).

Thanks,
Scott