Re: [linux-lvm] Implementation questions

hi,

   I see two options for setting up raid1 (this is whole-disk mirroring,
right?:

1. configure a system how you like as a raid array with the second disk
faulty. then duplicate the first hdd using "dd" or something similar.
2. use an automated installer(i.e. Redhat's Kickstart) to install a bare
bones (non-lvm)root partition on the raid device, then have an
after-installation program setup lvm and the rest of the system.
BTW, Redhat's installer DOES understand RAID, just not LVM.
(If you're REALLY brave, you could hack LVM support into Redhat's
installer, but I'm not brave enough for that.)

FYI,
Kickstart info:
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-7.2-Manual/custom-guide/s1-kickstart2-file.html

The @Base Package group contains a bare bones Redhat system, I think