Re: about fan speed problem

On 07/02/2015 07:05 PM, 马超 wrote:

Thank you Jean,

Please don't top-post.

Not laptop, here is my hardware info and sensors-detect result, I have changed the old sensors-detect to the latest sensors-detect(Select yes every step), but still only get the cpu temperature.

Is there available sensors for my cpu fan?

Did you try the following ?

sudo modprobe nct6775

Guenter

Thanks and Regards,
-Chao Ma

-----原始邮件-----
发件人: "Jean Delvare" <jdelvare@xxxxxxx>
发送时间: 2015-07-02 14:09:07 (星期四)
收件人: "马超" <mrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
抄送: lm-sensors@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
主题: Re:  about fan speed problem

On Thu, 2 Jul 2015 08:58:01 +0800 (GMT+08:00), 马超 wrote:
I just want to check cpu fan speed, but I can not get this data.

After I install lm_sensors, I could get cpu temperature, but can not get cpu fan speed, how could I get this data?

Did you run sensors-detect? If you did, please provide the complete
output.

My machine OS is CentOS 6.6, I install lm_sensors-3.1.1 for x86-64 system.

This is old. If your hardware is recent, you may want to use
http://dl.lm-sensors.org/lm-sensors/files/sensors-detect
instead of the script installed on your system.

What kind of hardware is it, BTW? In general running sensors-detect on
laptops is useless as they do not have native hardware monitoring chips.

--
Jean Delvare
SUSE L3 Support