Re: Additional PWM driver support for w83792d

On Sun, 10 May 2015 14:42:18 +0100, vt8231@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> With regards to generating the patch, I've checked the LM-Sensors Wiki for
> submitting patches (http://lm-sensors.org/wiki/FAQ/Chapter5) and it refers to
> CVS as the reference... but I can't see the chip drivers there.  As far as I
> can tell, they are in the Linux kernel itself.  Where is the reference source
> code for the chip drivers?  I patch that I offered above was against the
> Ubuntu source for kernel 3.19.0 but this isn't the latest kernel...

The FAQ is old, and only refers to the user-space side of things now.
So you can ignore it. Better read Documentation/SubmittingPatches and
Documentation/hwmon/submitting-patches in the kernel tree.

A patch against kernel 3.19.0 will be just fine, the w83792d driver
didn't see any change for over a year.

--
Jean Delvare
SUSE L3 Support