Re: How to send a patch?

On Mon, May 04, 2015 at 06:00:47PM +0200, Jean Delvare wrote:
> Le Monday 04 May 2015 à 12:24 -0300, Rodrigo Wezher a écrit :
> > Hello,

> > > project?
> > >
> > > The mailing list is the way to go, there is no other way.
> >
> > How about moving the project to something more social where other
> > developers could help faster?
> > It would also get more visibility and get more people to help. Not just
> > sending patches, but reviewing the code and suggesting more improvements.
>
> All of this can be done on the mailing list, I can't see how github
> would help.

Also, there already are clones for both lm-sensors and i2c-tools at github,
at https://github.com/groeck/{lm-sensors, i2c-tools}, for those who prefer
to work with git. Most of the time the clones are even up to date. The forks
suggest that people know and use it, and the stars suggest that they
appreciate it. But patches still have to be sent to the mailing list to be
considered for upstream integration, and that is how it should be.

Guenter