Re: Asrock Q87 / Nuvoton NCT6681D support

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 05:54:15PM +0000, Servesh Muralidharan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently got an Asrock Q87M motherboard for a home server. On running
> lm-sensors for hardware monitoring I found that it detected nuvoton nct6681D
> as the chip but the driver was not present. Searching through the mailing
> list showed that the device can be identified and the support for this chip
> could be added to nct6683 driver. Has there been any progress on this? I
> should be able to test / help with development for the driver.

No, due to lack of testing capability and to some degree time.

If you have the time, I would suggest cloning the stand-alone driver
from github (https://github.com/groeck/nct6683) and add support for
NCT6681D to it. We can then go from there to get the code upstream.

Thanks,
Guenter