NCT6776 on ASRock Z77 Pro4-M

Hello,

When I recently started to use UEFI "Ultra-FastBoot" on a ASRock Z77 Pro4-M
board I discovered that fans 3-5 were suddenly missing. After booting in
Fast or Normal mode the fans were showing up correctly again. So obviously
a firmware bug.

After some googling and reading of the Nuvoton NCT6776 data sheet I came
up with the following fix:

    # enter NCT6776 "Extended Function Mode"
    isaset -y 0x2e 0x2e 0x87 0x87
    # select logical device HW-MONITOR
    isaset -y 0x2e 0x2f 0x07 0x0b
    # enable fans 3-5 by setting bits 5-7 in reg 0x30
    isaset -y 0x2e 0x2f 0x30 0xe0 0xe0

In the process I have created a small script to list all the NCT6776 fan
related settings and optionally all NCT6776 GPIO registers. Hopefully it
will save someone else the time I had to spend on this issue.

https://github.com/eaut/nct6776/blob/master/nct6776-fanpin-info.sh

Since quite a few mainboards seem to have firmware related register
initialization issues wouldn't it make sense to add an optional module
parameter to be able to override register settings when loading the nct6775
driver module?

Example:

       ldev reg  val  mask
setreg=0x0b,0x30,0xe0,0xe0,next-sequence,...

BR,
Erich