Re: Chip Name

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 06:46:29PM -0400, Rob Roche wrote:
> Ah yes I should have been a little more specific with my terms.
> Sorry about that, I will try to be more specific.

Hi Rob,

Please don't top-post on this forum.

> As for the board, it is a completely custom board, but if you are
> interested check out the BioDigitalPC Card 7 (listed under Products)
> here: https://www.addc.net/
>

> We do have a TPM on-board, so thanks for the hint on that.
>
> I will look into my datasheets and see if I can pull out a
> temperature sensor chip name.

If you do have a temperature sensor on board ;-).

AMD is a bit tight-lipped about their datasheets. If you have access
to one, it may be worthwhile to find out if they have any on-chip sensors.
I do see that the chip has an SMBus, so if there is an external temperature
sensor on the board it is most likely connected to that bus. What do you see
with lspci - does it show any SMBus controllers ? Of course, the next question
would be if there is an SMBus driver available for it.

Guenter