Re: Chip Name

Ah yes I should have been a little more specific with my terms. Sorry about that, I will try to be more specific.

As for the board, it is a completely custom board, but if you are interested check out the BioDigitalPC Card 7 (listed under Products) here: https://www.addc.net/

We do have a TPM on-board, so thanks for the hint on that.

I will look into my datasheets and see if I can pull out a temperature sensor chip name.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks,
Rob Roche

On 2014-09-11 06:35 PM, Guenter Roeck wrote:

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 05:37:17PM -0400, Rob Roche wrote:

Hello all, I am trying to get lm-sensors up on a AMD G-Series SoC (AMD GX-415GA SOC)

That doesn't tell us anything about the system, unfortunately.

Unfortunately it doesn't find any compatible sensors. So I was wondering if it was possible to get the Chip Name from the Linux system I have installed

"Chip Name" is a pretty wide term. I could answer that you listed the chip name as AMD GX-415GA, so what is your problem ? I'll assume you refer to a hardware
monitoring chip.

I have the following packages installed on CentOS 6.5 x64: lm_sensors.x86_64 3.1.1-17.el6 lm_sensors-devel.x86_64 3.1.1-17.el6 lm_sensors-libs.x86_64 3.1.1-17.el6 When running sensors-detect, and answering yes to everything, the best output I get is under the Super I/O section: ... Trying family "SMSC"... YES Found unknown chip with ID 0x0b00

Do you by any chance have a TPM in your system ?

Information on the web suggests that the Infineon SLB 9635 TT 1.2 TPM
may be mis-detected as SMS chip by sensors-detect.

Either case, your board datasheet would be a good starting point
to find out if there is any HW monitoring chip on the board.

Guenter