Re: Reading SPD on Intel Patsburg on Supermicro X9SRG-F board

On 30 Jan 2014, at 09:01, Jean Delvare <khali@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Jan 2014 19:23:23 -0800, Alun Evans wrote:
>> Seemingly though IPMI is going via the BMC chip over an I2C bus to pull the temperatures from the DIMMs.
>>
>> I wonder if I’m meant to be going that way as well to get the access to that I2C bus.
>
> Well, as a side note, mixing IPMI and native access is not a good idea
> anyway. So if you intend to use IPMI I suppose you should stick to that.

Yeah, I even tried:

> BMC Enable/Disable (JPB1)
>
> JPB1 is used to enable or disable the BMC (Baseboard Management Control) chip and the onboard IPMI port. This jumper is used together with the IPMI settings in the BIOS. See the table on the right for jumper settings.

But that didn’t seem to help.

I’m going to shelve this project for now until I get a better contact in supermicro.

Thanks for all the help, I’ll followup when (if?) I eventually make some progress on this.

A.

--
Alun Evans