Re: Asus H87-PRO /usr/sbin/pwmconfig: There are no pwm-capable sensor modules installed

On 01/22/2014 11:25 PM, mathias_g@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi Guenter

Can you send me the output of "grep . pwm2*" ? I'll see if I can
find anything in the datasheet that might explain this behavior.
Sure. Here is the output:
pwm2:27
pwm2_auto_point1_pwm:7
pwm2_auto_point1_temp:30000
pwm2_auto_point2_pwm:178
pwm2_auto_point2_temp:55000
pwm2_auto_point3_pwm:255
pwm2_auto_point3_temp:75000
pwm2_auto_point4_pwm:255
pwm2_auto_point4_temp:75000
pwm2_auto_point5_pwm:255
pwm2_auto_point5_temp:75000
pwm2_crit_temp_tolerance:2000
pwm2_enable:5
pwm2_floor:1
pwm2_mode:1
pwm2_start:1
pwm2_step_down_time:100
pwm2_step_up_time:100
pwm2_stop_time:6000
pwm2_target_temp:50000
pwm2_temp_sel:7
pwm2_temp_tolerance:0
pwm2_weight_duty_base:0
pwm2_weight_duty_step:0
pwm2_weight_temp_sel:1
pwm2_weight_temp_step:0
pwm2_weight_temp_step_base:0
pwm2_weight_temp_step_tol:0

BIOS profile set to "Quiet", values modified like mentioned in my previous
post.

Maybe Michael (with the same Mainboard) could try to reproduce this effect
on his hardware?

Might be a good idea. For my part I have no idea why that happens. I don't find
anything in the chip datasheet, nor in the code, nor in your configuration,
that would explain this behavior :-(.

One interesting experiment might be to check what happens if you set
pwm2_auto_point1_pwm to a value between 1 and 4. If that results in the fan
running at full speed, we have some indication that either the fan or the
board hardware is causing this behavior.

Thanks,
Guenter