Re: coretemp readings are static/constant

On Fri, 29 Nov 2013 16:41:37 -0500, Tom Metro wrote:
> So this would appear to be a problem with the coretemp kernel module.
> This CPU (Intel Core 2 Duo P8400) is from the right era to be supported
> by coretemp. Where is the best place to go to file a bug against that
> module?

The driver reports what the hardware says. You may not like it but
there's basically nothing we can do about it. I see no point in opening
a bug about it. I think you have a CPU sample with broken DTS.

The only way I will change my opinion on this is if you run another OS
on the very same system and you get other values for the DTS there. But
really I doubt this will happen.

--
Jean Delvare