How can temp_crit for virtual device be set?

Hello!

My laptop (toshiba satellite l770-116, Intel HM65 mainboard) shuts down
frequently when I run CPU intensive tasks. I guess (but I could not find
out for sure) that the temp1_crit setting of for the acpitz-virtual-0
device may be the culprit. It seems to me that a
pretty low value of 84°C is set here. This is the same value I see when
I do acpi -V (cf. output below). I noticed that sometimes (I haven't
found out under which circumstances) this value is set at 99°C, which
seems more reasonable to me as it corrensponds more closely to the value
shown for the physical devices (100°C), and allows for reasonable usage
of the laptop.

I tried adding these values:

chip "acpitz-virtual-0"
  set temp1_crit 99.0

To /etc/sensors.d/coretemp, but when doing sensor -s, I get:

Error: File /etc/sensors.d/coretemp, line 3: Failed to set value
acpitz-virtual-0: At least one "set" statement failed

So, how can I adjust the temp_crit1 value of the acpitz-virtual-0 device?

Thank you for your help,

Thomas

# acpi -V
[…]
Thermal 0: ok, 57.0 degrees C
Thermal 0: trip point 0 switches to mode critical at temperature 84.0
degrees C
Thermal 0: trip point 1 switches to mode passive at temperature 105.0
degrees CThermal 0: ok, 57.0 degrees C
Thermal 0: trip point 0 switches to mode critical at temperature 84.0
degrees C
Thermal 0: trip point 1 switches to mode passive at temperature 105.0
degrees C:
[…]

# sensors -u

acpitz-virtual-0