Re: Nuvoton NCT6791D support

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 08:05:46PM -0800, Guenter Roeck wrote:

[ ... ]

> No, it won't. I'll dig out other commands for you to run to give me some chip
> register output.

Following up on this. It would be great if you can do the following.

When executing the the sensors command, you see something like

nct6791-isa-0a00

for the NCT chip. Take the hex number at the end; based on it, run the
following sequence of commands:

sudo isadump -k 0x55,0x55 0xa05 0xa06
sudo isadump -k 0x55,0x55 0xa05 0xa06 1
sudo isadump -k 0x55,0x55 0xa05 0xa06 2
sudo isadump -k 0x55,0x55 0xa05 0xa06 3
sudo isadump -k 0x55,0x55 0xa05 0xa06 4
sudo isadump -k 0x55,0x55 0xa05 0xa06 5
sudo isadump -k 0x55,0x55 0xa05 0xa06 6
sudo isadump -k 0x55,0x55 0xa05 0xa06 7
sudo isadump -k 0x55,0x55 0xa05 0xa06 8

In other words, add 5 and 6 to the hex number and pass it as parameter to the
isadump commands.

This should create a dump of chip registers, which would hopefully help me track
down the problem with pwmX_temp_sel.

Thanks,
Guenter