Re: Nuvoton NCT6791D support

On 11/11/2013 04:57 PM, p. stephen w wrote:
Please see attached.
I noticed the fancontrol file is using hwmon2, instead of hwmon3, so I ran
that command using hwmon2 and it has a lot more output.  I've attached it
in case  its of interest.
Can I set INTERVAL to less than a minute; 0.25, or 0.5?

No idea.

etc/fantcontrol
INTERVAL=1
DEVICEPATH=hwmon1=devices/platform/coretemp.0
hwmon2=devices/platform/nct6775.656
DEVNAME=hwmon1=coretemp hwmon2=nct6791
FCTEMPS=hwmon2/device/pwm2=hwmon1/device/temp1_input
FCFANS= hwmon2/device/pwm2=hwmon2/device/fan2_input
MINTEMP=hwmon2/device/pwm2=60
MAXTEMP=hwmon2/device/pwm2=61
MINSTART=hwmon2/device/pwm2=150
MINSTOP=hwmon2/device/pwm2=0
MAXPWM=hwmon2/device/pwm2=255

Yes, obviously the nct6775 driver is hwmon2. No idea why the eee driver (hwmon3)
is instantiated.

Can we take a step back on why you think you need to run fancontrol ...
you mentioned earlier that the board was "OC'd". I assume that means overclocked.
Why can't you use the automatic fan control provided by the NCT chip ?
That would provide much better reaction time to temperature changes.

Also, I think something may be wrong in the driver when it comes to associating
temperature sources with pwm controls. Specifically, the pwmX_temp_sel values
should not return 0. I'll have to look into that.

Thanks,
Guenter