Re: About the Asus F2A85 temperature sensor (it8603e)

That is a good idea. The current driver causes the chip to stop updating
temperatures, though fan control continues to work. That probably means a
different/additional exit sequence is needed -- or perhaps writing to the chip
is entirely wrong.

Hm maybe we just hit some undefined register due to feature reduction. Does it happen with coreboot too? (You will have to enable the logical device, I think Im not doing that). How you know it is not updating? If you program own io routine to just read out temps, does it work?

I can check more stuff next week.

I'll look for an 8728 datasheet

Looks I found something through google on ulozto.

Thanks
Rudolf

.

David