Re: +12 Voltage Constantly at +10.48 V on ASUS M5A78LE

Dear Guenter

thank you for the quick answer.

We also had the idea to plug an multimeter between mass (black) and the +12V wire (yellow).
The voltage was good at approx 12V.

Finally, I figured out that ACPI returned an incorrect value to the operating system.

Therefore, I did the following:

Step 1: Get voltage values from the BIOS

VCORE =>  1.392 V
+3.3V =>  3.304 V
+5V   =>  5.130 V
+12V  => 12.105 V

Step 2: Get the raw data from the sys-filesystem

cat /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon1/in1_input
3304
cat /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon1/in2_input
5130
cat /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon1/in3_input
10543

Step 3: Calculate values for sensors.conf

3304 / 3304 = 1.0
5130 / 5130 = 1.0
12105 / 10543 = 1.14816

So only 12V needs a correction.

Step 4: Created file /etc/sensors.d/atk0110-acpi.conf

chip "atk0110-acpi-*"
  compute in3 @ * 1.14816, @ / 1.14816

I am still unsure why other machines with the same mainboard provide correct values. If I find a free time slot, I will check if all boards have the same BIOS version and settings.
At the moment, the solution above is ok for me.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards
Sascha